Interpretation and Definitions
"Account" Means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
"Country" Refers to Germany.
"Cookies" Are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among many uses.
"Data Controller" , For the purposes of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), refers to the Company as the legal person who alone or joined with others determined the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
"Device" Means any device that can access the service such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
"Personal Data" Is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
"Service" Refers to the website.
"Service Provider" Means any natural or legal person who processes the data on aid of the Company.
"Usage Data" Refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
"You" Means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on help of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Cookies or Browser Cookies.
- Web Beacons.
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Tracking and Performance Cookies
Use of Your Personal Data
To provide and maintain our Service , Including to monitor the usage of our service.
To manage Your Account: To manage Your registration as a user of the service.
For the performance of a contract: The development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or restricted services, including the security updates, when necessary
To provider You With news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about without You have opted not to obtain information.
To manage Your Requests: To attend and manage Your Requests to Us.
For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar procedure, In which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transfer red.
For other purposes : We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determined the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, for payment processing, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiation of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotion.
- With other ushers: When You share personal information or otherwise interactive in the public area with other users, search information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your Consent : We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your concern.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Other legal requirements
Security of Your Personal Data
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
Legal basis for processing personal data under GDPR
- Consent: You have given Your consensus for processing Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with You and/or for any pre-contractual obligations there.
- Legal obligations: Processing Personal Data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Company is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary in order to protect Your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing Personal Data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exam of official authority vested in the Company.
- Legitimate interests: Processing Personal Data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests purtured by the company.
Your Rights under the GDPR
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You.
- Objectto processing of Your Personal Data.
- Requesterasure of Your Personal Data.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data.
- Withdraw Your concern.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise Your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting Us. Please note that we may ask You to verify Your identity before responding to such requests.
If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Us. If You click on a third party link, You will be directed to that third party's site.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.carnivoro.eu
My motivation for this platform
My experience with chronic inflammatory bowel diseases and the lack of acceptance of effective, alternative forms of therapy such as the Carnviore Diet gave me the motivation for this platform. I was diagnosed with "pancolitis ulcerosa", i.e. a chronic inflammation of the rectum and large intestine, at the age of 20.
At the time, the doctor treating me assured me that my illness could neither be cured nor influenced by diet. A false statement that I, as a naïve 20-year-old, unfortunately questioned far too late. In my 13 years of illness, I went through a classic escalation therapy for ulcerative colitis: starting with 3g mesalazine daily paired with semi-annual cortisone surges, followed by azathioprene and finally infliximab infusions (a TNF-alpha blocker) every 8 weeks over 4 years with all of them associated side effects.
What role does nutrition play?
Like most of you, I was also experimenting with alternative forms of therapy at the same time, unfortunately with only moderate success. Depending on which diet guide you believe, the condition should be kept in check with a gluten-free, high-fiber, low-fiber, vegan, low-FODMAP, etc. diet. On the other hand, if you follow the advice of the German Society for Gastroenterology, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (DGVS), then nutrition only plays a subordinate role in ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease. In my opinion, this view, which was also shared by the doctors I treated, is not only wrong but also negligent and lays the foundation for lifelong drug dependence and suppression of the immune system.